Are you looking for a project management software to replace Basecamp?Look no further than this list of Basecamp Alternatives!
From project management software to streamlined communication tools, no matter what you use Basecamp for, this list has a better alternative.
Using the software on this list, you can:
- Track your team’s progress
- Manage to-do’s
- Save time
- Conduct meetings
- Reduce Emails
- Communicate more effectively with your team
No matter what your goals, there are many project management tools, from project management solutions to software that your team can use to conduct meetings.
We came to the conclusion that there are three main things that we all look for when determining which type of software is best for our business:
- Simple, Yet Efficient
- Amount Of Users It Allows
- Cost Effective
Basecamp definitely has many capabilities such as message boards, a group chat function, to-do lists, a place to store all of your files for quick access, and a way for team members to explain what they are working on and their progress. It is a software program that is extremely easy to grasp onto with it’s basic platform.
However, there are better Basecamp alternatives with a wide variety of capabilities as well.
1. Project Management Software: Priority Matrix
For all of Basecamp’s perks, there are definitely some disadvantages within the system.
We have had many users of Basecamp switch over to Priority Matrix for the following reasons:
- It is difficult to customize to your workflow in Basecamp
- It is tough to map out all of the details in each of your projects
- The program can actually be too simplistic
- No Gantt charts
Luckily, there are CURRENT project management Basecamp alternatives like Priority Matrix.
This simple, yet sophisticated software allows you to create a workflow that works for you.
With Priority Matrix you can:
Customize Your Workflow
Priority Matrix is based on the 4 quadrant system of time management.
You can organize your to-do’s and projects using one of our many templates like the Eisenhower Method which allows you to divide tasks according to their critical-ness and urgency, or, the GTD method, a Retroactive Analysis, SWOT Analysis, and more!
You can also create your own templates and organize the quadrants however you would like.
This is the Eisenhower Matrix on Priority Matrix. Are the colors too dull for you? No problem. You can easily customize the colors to any scheme you would like!
Track Task History
You will be able to see the specific “life cycle” of each task on Priority Matrix.
When you click on a task, it will show you everything that has happened since the task was last created, from modifying your notes, messages exchanged using the conversation function, adding an icon to distinguish the task, adding an item tag to the task for quick access, adding files or taking screenshots, etc.
Priority Matrix also provides reporting capabilities so you can track project and team member status.
Simple Project Management Software
Priority Matrix is simple enough to quickly get the hang of, but there are so many capabilities and functions which allow you to do so much to stay organized (see our list below).
Create Gantt Charts
Priority Matrix has gantt charts, which are essential so that managers and teams as they allow you to create a visual representation of all of your tasks, events, and deadlines. With a Gantt chart, each of your employees will grasp onto a each project more effectively. Gantt charts show:
-What is happening
-When each task begins
-How long each task should last
Here is a list of some more things that you can do with Priority Matrix:
- Create various projects to logically categorize tasks
- Use our Master List to view items across all projects
- Set task reminders to make sure nothing slips through the cracks
- Communicate with clients and track interactions
- A Gmail Plugin that enables you to quickly convert emails to to-dos
- Save hours per week when you stop re-writing your to-do list
- Utilize in-app chat to communicate with your team in real-time
- Delegate tasks to team members at the touch of a button
- Collaborate on projects, while keeping others private
- Check up on daily and weekly reports about your team
- And more!
While Priority Matrix does not offer complex time tracking capabilities, it does allow you to track your effort based on time you spend on each task to ensure that your team is focusing just the right amount of effort on their workload.
At Priority Matrix, it is important that each and every customer understands not only how to use the product, but how to integrate it with their specific business so that it is most effective. This is why Priority Matrix offers FREE Productivity Coaching for all users through screen sharing software.
Priority Matrix is cost effective, too. Check out www.appfluence.com to see which plan works best for your company.
But don’t take our word for it, check out just some of Priority Matrix’s 5-star reviews:
2. GoToMeeting – To Collaborate Remotely
I am a total fan of GoToMeeting as it allows remote teams to stay on the same page through discussion and video chat.
Even with the most powerful project management software, you still need some sort of video chat software like GoToMeeting to ensure successful meetings and communication.
While this is a different type of software, it is still considered a Basecamp alternative because Basecamp does not include the ability to video chat (as most software do not).
Here is one review of GoToMeeting from G2Crowd, a popular software review site:
3. Google Hangouts – For Quick Chatting in the Office
Google Hangouts allows you to have a chat with 1 person or 100 people.
This allows your team to share and exchange important information, questions, and comments, without the complexity of a Project Management software. It can work as an alternative to Project Management software or as a compliment to your team’s software.
With Google Hangouts, you can:
- Have a one-on-one conversation, include groups of workers, or your entire team, with group chats for up to 100 people. You can personalize the conversation with photos, maps, emojis, and stickers.
- Turn any conversation into a free video call with just one tap. Talk one-on-one or invite friends for a group call with up to 10 people.
- Sync your chats from device to device and keep the conversation going wherever you are.
Here is a 5-star review of Google hangouts from G2Crowd; personally – I agree with this review. I’ve used Google hangouts for both work and personal use, and for the most part, it has worked great. While calls occasionally drop or audio under-performs, all parties are understanding, and simply re-starting the app usually does the trick.
4. Mindmeister for Brainstorming
The application possibilities of mind maps are almost endless. Businesses mostly employ mind maps for strategic planning, collaboration and ideation
- Brainstorming: Mind mapping fosters a free flow of ideas and helps spark new thoughts through association. It’s the perfect tool for creative brainstorming alone or in a team.
- Note Taking: Whether you’re at a conference or in a class increasing your knowledge base, taking notes in a mind map is not only more efficient, but the notes are also easier to review and memorize.
- Planning: You can use maps to outline project plans, create business strategies, plan events and much more. Planning with mind maps is simple, visual and doesn’t even feel like work!
- Meeting Management: Prepare and distribute the meeting agenda, create quick presentations, take meeting minutes and assign actionable tasks all within one single mind map.
This software is really appealing to those whom like to see things visually through an organized platform. Your team, whether face-to-face or remote, can also chat and communicate about the mind map.
When looking for reviews for MindMeister, I found that many of them came from teachers and those in academic roles, as shown in this review:
However, we’ve heard many business-focused use cases as well.
As you can see there are Basecamp Alternatives whose capabilities definitely meet or exceed those of Basecamp.
These software tools that can be used in conjunction with others to allows for seamless communication and organization within your team.
Whichever you choose, I hope that you find this list of Basecamp alternatives and their visible features to be helpful and effective so that your team can strive to be as efficient as it can be.