Project Calendar Benefits
Shared calendars are an essential project management tools for managers to achieve accountability and visibility in their teams.
With the Priority Matrix project calendar, you can easily monitor which team member is responsible for each piece of your shared projects.
Priority Matrix's shared calendars allow you to hone in on individual team members in order to visualize workflows and project contributions.
Finally, Priority Matrix calendars integrate with calendar tools you already know and love.
Integrate your PM calendar with Google Calendar, Outlook, iCal, or even your mobile device.
Priority Matrix Team Calendar Features
How to Create a Project Calendar in Priority Matrix
Priority Matrix is a lightweight project management solution that increases accountability and visibility for managers and teams. Our shared team calendars are just one way to collaborate with your team in our project management platform.
To create a shared calendar in Priority Matrix:
1. Add tasks to the project you would like to work on
2. Set the start (and end) dates for each task
3. Determine who is responsible for each task, and delegate away.
4. Click to the calendar view on the left-hand side of your screen
Our calendar reads the information from your projects and creates a shared project calendar for you. Changes to your tasks and projects are reflected in real time.
What's more, you can visually drag and drop tasks to rearrange project due dates.
Finally, you can create shared team calendars from anywhere using Priority Matrix.
Our app works on iOS / Windows / Web / Mobile, and even offline.
Project Calendars and Project Management
When it comes to project management, utilizing an efficient calendar tool can make or break project success.
The most common uses of shared team calendars and project calendars are to visualize project due dates and timeline and track which team members are responsible for which tasks.
For project managers, and managers in general, shared team calendars are a great way to improve team accountability.
With Priority Matrix, you can opt for a calendar view, or a more robust set of project management features.
How to Use the Calendar in Priority Matrix
To use the Priority Matrix calendar, simply create your projects as usual. The due dates that you enter into the project management system will automatically transfer to the PM calendar. From there, you are free to assign tasks to team members, modify deadlines, and more.
Tips for Creating Your Shared Team Calendar
- Utilize the Priority Matrix filters to hone in on individual team members. This provides a quick way to check up on who's working on what.
- If you're a visual thinker, plan your project directly in the calendar view; you'll have a clear overview of the workload distribution as you plan. For longer-term tasks, opt for the Gantt chart.
- Don't forget to add task details as you go about your project. Priority Matrix allows for more than just due dates! Try uploading files in order to share additional info with your team members.
- You can use the calendar as a team report! Try showing finished tasks for the previous month to see what your team has been up to. Or, check out our project status reports.
More Project Calendar Articles, From our blog & around the web
- How to use the calendar in Priority Matrix: in this article, read more on how to utilize the calendar feature in Priority Matrix.
- How to integrate your team calendar with Google, iCal, etc.: follow this link for a complete list of integrations
- More Shared Calendar Apps: Don't need added communication features and project management capabilities? Try out these super simple shared calendar apps.