In April 2013, we revamped the installer for our Windows apps. The main advantage of this installer over the previous one is that it allows you to install Priority Matrix without administrator permissions. For many people working within restricted computing environments, this was a deal breaker, so if you’re in that situation, you’re in luck!
Now, here comes the issue: In the process of moving from the previous version of the installer to this one, we need your collaboration. When you get the update notice, please follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel, then select Programs, and then Programs and Features
- Find Priority Matrix and select Uninstall
- Follow instructions to uninstall; You might be asked for your password
- Repeat the steps above if you have more than one version of Priority Matrix in your system
- Go back to your original purchase email and follow the link to re-download the latest version of Priority Matrix
- Only if the steps above don’t work, you can manually remove the DLL files from “C:\Program Files\PriorityMatrix” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\PriorityMatrix”, and reattempt the installation
If you don’t follow these steps, you might end up with a half-outdated installation of Priority Matrix, and an error message regarding a missing entry point in a DLL file. As always, if you run into trouble, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.