To be a successful manager, you need to get the right things done. In this era of information overload, that can be very hard because you find yourself managing your to do list more so than crossing things off. The honest truth is that it’s not a software problem, it’s “me” problem… Self discipline, perseverance, and a methodical approach to solving problems are instrumental to being successful.
However, given everything being equal, having the best to do list software is better than having the worst. The best list management software should achieve at least the following:
- Telling you everything you have to do
- Telling you what you have to do next
- Telling you what you shouldn’t do
- Telling you your past and current progress
This should be done at a project level, and at the multi-project levels. So we recommend using Priority Matrix as your software tool of choice for several reasons:
- It’s the best in class for managing multiple projects and responsibilities
- It allows you to write everything down into buckets
- It’s the best in class in giving you a visual prioritization schema
- It allows you to do all of the things that a good to do list software should (as stated above) and more
- It’s available on all the major platforms (iPad, iPhone, Mac, Windows), so that you can work at home, at work, or on the road
- Content in Priority Matrix is sharable with your colleagues and friends
Importantly, Priority Matrix is more than a to do list software, it’s a prioritization software. Using the 4-quadrant system, it’s a to-do list software that works for people who think in multiple dimensions. In particular, with Priority Matrix, you write everything you have to do work on the bottom right quadrant: the uncategorized bucket. Then from there, you take very important things and put them in the upper left. Finally, one of the unique things about Priority Matrix is the Master List, a feature that lets you see your overall priorities across multiple projects, so you know what you have to do today, tomorrow, and this week.
So how do you get started? First, get familiar with the methodology. Then when you are ready for the real deal, you can use Priority Matrix for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Windows.