In certain cases, you may experience problems registering for Priority Matrix for Windows. One of the likely cause is that your computer does not recognize our security certificate. To get around this:
1) Point your browser to https://sync.appfluence.com
2) On the top, near the URL, there’s a lock icon, tap on it and choose to accept certificate (on Chrome, on IE, you have to add it to trusted sites)
3) On older versions of Internet Explorer, you may have to click on the lock icon on the right, choose to view certificate, then choose to install certificate, choose “Place all certificates in the following store”, and then choose “Browse” and then “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” folder, click next and then finish.
4) Restart the app and try authentication again.
Here’s the screenshot on what this looks like on Chrome:
Alternatively, you may use a browser like Internet Explorer. In this case, add https://sync.appfluence.com to one of your trusted site, like below:
Afterwards, just restart the app and retry authentication with your email and registration key.
What else may be happening?
1) Your system time may be off, which might conflict with our security certificate. Check your time in this case.
2) You may have a firewall blocking the access of Priority Matrix. You would have to add an exception to our application (maybe through your IT department), and do the following:
- Allow PriorityMatrix.exe to access port 443
- Add PriorityMatrix to the white list and make sure it’s not on the blacklist
- Add https://sync.appfluence.com to your trusted list and allow it to be accessed.
3) There seems to be a bug where sometimes old Verisign certificates are used, in which case it leads to the “Certificate has expired” error, even though it is false. One way to fix this may be to delete old certificates: //www.ehow.com/how_5095936_remove-ssl-certificate.html or //www.ehow.com/how_6801598_remove-windows-security-alert-certificate.html
Contact us if you still have any other questions!