What is Priority Matrix?
Priority Matrix Team helps your team turn complex priorities into meaningful actions, using proven time management methodologies to help you set, track, and share priorities. With Priority Matrix you can:
- Always access your data locally, and work from anywhere because Priority Matrix lets you work offline on iPad, iPhone, Mac and Windows
- Share projects and delegate tasks with team members through our seamless automatic sync (Team/Pro version)
- Integrate your existing work flow by linking urls, emails and files directly into the tasks through seamless drag and drop (Desktop versions)
- Generate reports from any project, for any individual, priority level, or date range into a nicely formatted email
- Use the 4-quadrants method to prioritize your tasks by Priority and Urgency, and measure progress and effort for each task
- Customize projects and tasks with colors, icons and labels so you can always see what to do now
History behind Priority Matrix for iPad
Priority Matrix for iPad was the first platform we ever built for our award winning task management platform. Priority Matrix for iPad has won PC Magazine’s Top 100 Best iPad App 3 years in a row (2011, 2012, 2013), and is repeatably selected as one of the best app for task and project management by a wide variety of press and review websites. It’s reached a high rank of being #1 on iTunes iPad Productivity App, and #17 overall in the US, beating out app giants like Gmail, Dropbox, and Evernote, as well as Top 10 Productivity App in more than 40 countries worldwide.
iPad Project Management App Preview
Like what you see?
Interface Overview for Priority Matrix for iPad
1) 4-Quadrant Priority View
- See all your tasks for each project neatly organized into customizable quadrants that can convey priority level and urgency
- Visualize who is in charge of what through collaborator avatars
- Double-click on any empty space to create a task new
- Drag Outlook emails, PDFs, files, images, URLs and more onto the quadrant to create linked tasks. (Linked tasks means double-click on the task will open the original source).
- Drag and drop tasks around for easy prioritization
2) Project list
- All your projects are listed in a nice summarized format
- Projects can be sorted alphabetically or manually
- Each project indicates the number of tasks left that fits the current sorting criteria in each quadrant
- Tap on the + icon to create a new project
- Use the time search to find items across all your projects that are due on certain dates
- Use the search filter to filter the items that are relevant to what you need to work on right now
- Activate the dated item filter so you only work with items that have due dates
3) Detailed Task View
- Every task can have a set of attributes around them
- All settings are optional except for task name
- Set an icon by tapping on the icon symbol and choose from dozens of symbols
- Task progress can be updated through drag and select.
- Tap on the checkmark or set task completion to 100% to mark a task as done
- Effort are tracked on a non-linear scale that measures in hours, days, weeks, or months
- Tasks are tracked with creation date, by whom, when it was lats edited
- Set due dates, start dates, and recurring dates.
- Assign task to individual by selecting them from the dropdown box, and their picture will be displayed so you can quickly see who owns the task (Team version)
- Each task can have notes, providing a detailed description for the task
- Team members can chat about a task, or hold a discussion in the comments section, which they can reply from within the app on iPad, iPhone, Mac or Windows, or directly from their email box (Team version)
- Team members can follow certain tasks so they are kept in the loop when there are new discussions (Team version)
- All changes are kept in the log, so you can always review the history of changes (Team version)
4) Customize Priority Matrix for iPad
- Create templates, set templates, export templates
- Customize colors
- Customize quadrant names
- Clone (duplicate) projects with items or without items
5) Sort and Filter
- Use sorting and filtering to selectively show only items relevant to you
- Choose to only show items with or without due dates
- Choose to show only items that are finished, unfinished, or in progress
- Choose to sort items manually, by creation date, completion date, last edited, progress, icons, owner, and more.
- Use the keyword filter to find only tasks that match your search criteria across all projects.