YOUR PRIVACY IS OUR PRIORITY
Built on world-class web services, we take your privacy seriously.
Effective September 26, 2022.
We respect your privacy and take data collection seriously. We will not disclose your emails or private information to third parties for private gains. We will do what we can to protect your data. We are in the business of providing services and our goal is to build a trusting relationship. We collect aggregate data like favorite color choices, geographic locations, or usage data that is needed for use of advanced product features, like Cloud Sync, or to improve our products for you and future customers. We will promptly, permanently remove any information that you no longer want shared upon request.
Appfluence values your right to control what information you do or do not want others to see.
There is a trade-off between making it easy to find new groups, events, and friends,
and making information available to unwanted individuals or corporations.
Appfluence recognizes that people have their own comfort level with privacy,
and we give users a number of controls over how much information they want to make public.
By using Appfluence, you certify that you have read, understand, and agree with the provisions
Information Appfluence Collects
Appfluence collects the following types of information, some of which is considered personal:
- Aggregate data that is not personally identifiable for marketing and/or product enhancement. This may be shared with a third party.
- Project information that is synchronized to our servers, where it is stored to provide backup and sync services for a given user account. We do not share this information with anyone outside Appfluence.
- Device id, IP and email address, for the purpose of differentiating user accounts. This information is never given to a third party.
- Email address, in order to message our users about task assignments, deadlines and other important notifications from the system, system invoices, and if the user has enabled the option, training sessions and other information about our products. This information is never given to a third party without consent.
How we use information we collect
How we use the information we collect depends on multiple factors, such as the type of involvement with our system, the hardware and software platforms you utilize, your subscription level and your communication preferences. Below are the specific ways in which we use this information:
- To offer our services: In order to carry on the performance of our contract with our users, we use your email as the unique ID that tells you apart from any other users in our system, determining the data elements every user is able to access. We may use your email address and the domain associated with it to infer your affiliation with a particular organization or industry, in order to personalize your experience with logos, avatars and preconfigured experiences based on imported metadata from third party platforms. We use data you explicitly or implicitly upload to our system in order to provide our task, project and priority management solution to you and your organization. We also use your explicit and implicit relationships with other users in our system to send real time notifications, allow task delegations, etc.
- To communicate with our users about our services: With your given consent to the processing of data in our system, when we have something useful to tell our users, we use their email address, account properties, and communication preferences to determine who can receive our messages. You can always opt out via your emailing preferences form in our system.
- For research and development: We use metadata that we collect during normal use of our applications for the successful performance of our contract with users, in order to learn how to improve the experience of our users, determine usage patterns to allocate resources, and to identify trends that inform our future product development.
- To market and promote our products: With your given consent to the processing of data in our system, we use your email address, metadata and communications preferences to send you messages regarding existing or future products that we determine might be of your interest. You can always opt out via your emailing preferences form in our system.
- For customer support: In order to provide a timely answer to your doubts and problems to protect the vital interests of our users, we review usage data from your account to quickly identify the issue you may be facing and the best course of action to resolve it.
- To protect our legitimate business interest and legal rights: Whenever asked by the relevant authorities for access to our customers data for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g. in order to carry a security audit or in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and audit functions), we will comply while preserving our users’ privacy within our reasonable means.
Data Access, Retention and Deletion
Users can access all their data, and export a machine-readable bundle file using our account management console. We will promptly honor requests to delete all data on any user, complying as soon as possible, but in any case within one month since your request. Simply contact our privacy address listed below and we will be happy to assist.
We store user data in data centers provided and managed by Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure. Unless otherwise stated, all our data resides in data centers inside the United States. Data is secured both in transit and at rest by industry standard encryption algorithms. More details are available upon qualified inquiries.
Appfluence retains user data for the duration of an account’s active lifetime. User data will be deleted upon request by the account owner, or after seven years without account activity, following sufficient notice to the user via email, in order to facilitate reactivation or data exporting if necessary.
What are your data protection rights?
Appfluence would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to be informed:
You have the right to learn if your data is used for purposes other than originally agreed.
In this notice, and in our GDPR portal (https://appfluence.com/gdpr/), we describe the ways in which you can exercise this right.
The right to access: You have the right to request Appfluence for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification: You have the right to request that Appfluence correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Appfluence to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure You have the right to request that Appfluence erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that Appfluence restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to Appfluence’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability: You have the right to request that Appfluence transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
The right to avoid automatic decision-making: You have the right to request that Appfluence does not use your personal information to create profiles for automatic decision-making.
By emailing us, you allow us to share any positive reviews, comments, and enthusiasm to others.
Appfluence does not knowingly solicit or collect information from children under the age of 16.
If you are under the age of 16, do not register with Appfluence.
If we learn that a user has registered in violation of this policy and we have collected information
for a child under 16, or if we learn that a user between the age of 16 and 18 has registered
without parental consent, we will delete this information as quickly as possible.
Changes to Policy
by email message, or inside our apps in a prominent location.
If we have inadvertently failed to address certain privacy policies,
please notify us and we will resolve it as soon as possible.
Questions about Privacy
We are fully GDPR-compliant and offer a series of self-serve mechanisms for users to access their data.
Our Data Protection Officer is Pablo Diaz-Gutierrez. Written inquiries can be sent to:
Po Box 1648
Palo Alto, CA 94302